[Pdr] Music on PDR

Jonathan Gray j.gray at cantab.net
Sun Mar 18 16:55:06 UTC 2012

Yes this is a great idea.

When Nikhil visited I did fantasise about having something like an PDR
account on Mixcloud, Soundcloud, or suchlike. I like the idea of
complementing the website with related PD curatorial activity on
Twitter, Facebook, Flickr (photo pool), and other accounts. Having
some more 'social' audio curation would be a really nice way to build
our reputation amongst audiophiles etc.

J.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Adam and I briefly spoke about getting more digitised 78s up on the Public
> Domain Review.
>
> I'd like to approach some bloggers or Youtube enthusiasts who upload amazing
> 78s to curate great collections of public domain music on a particular
> theme.
>
> I discovered a really amazing blog the other day, and I would be interested
> in seeing if he might want to contribute something:
>
> http://ceintsdebakelite.wordpress.com/
>
> If people think it's a good idea, we might want to think about how to
> "brand" this kind of guest contribution. It could be "PDR Radio" or "PDR
> Playlist", presumably something less generic, but you get the idea...
>
> I think user generated music PD content is an area is something I'd like to
> do more to support, as I find it fascinating.
>
> Anyway, all very vague thoughts, but would be good to get a thread going on
> this front and start throwing about links to cool curated collections. As I
> mentioned above just checking out some youtube user profiles gets you
> places.
>
> E.g. http://www.youtube.com/user/althazarr
>
> Sam
>
> --