[Product] POD efforts from Taiwan

TH Schee info at motomosa.com
Thu Sep 26 17:36:32 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Quick introduction to what we've planned to do here with regard to POD in
Taiwan:

   - *April 2013:* "Food Open Data" android/ios app prototype came out of a
   workshop hosted by Code for Tomorrow (local initiative) and I, who later
   volunteered to be an OKFN Local Ambassador
   - *May 2013 ~ ongoing:*  Mapping out POD (packaged foods only) landscape
   by visiting government regulation agencies, private sectors, consumer
   interest groups and NPOs
   - *July 2013 ~ ongoing: *Assembling a core team of volunteers to further
   work on possible community-driven projects on food and health sectors

We'd like to engage and share our experience from the very start with wider
international communities so we were aware of POD, OpenFoodFacts and of
course OKFN, but given enough troubles entrenched on local level already,
we are still devoting significant time on formulating a sound strategy.

Some early ideas of what we've had so far:

- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodopendata/
- GitHub (not much things there yet): https://github.com/codefortomorrow/

So this email is to say hello and we will update our progress on regular
basis. :)

--

 TH Schee
FERTTA COMMUNICATIONS