[publicdata-eu] Countries on publicdata.eu

William Waites ww at styx.org
Mon Feb 7 13:48:42 UTC 2011

* [2011-02-07 14:42:56 +0100] Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> écrit:

] We might as well start a proper discussion on what our long-term goals
] regarding geo features are and what some low-key first steps in
] achieving those might be (using NUTS, perhaps?).
]
] We should also find a terminology for describing how data relates to
] territory (describes in part, describes in full,
] exclusively/non-exclusively, ...). I know very little about this, what
] would be some interesting things to investigate here?

To widen this a little bit, there are varying dimensions
to be considered. For example, suppose th Deutsche
Entwicklungsdienst produces some country reports or
statistics or maps about the DR Congo. Is the spatial
component German or Congolese? So actually there is
a spatial component on the source or author of the
data as well as the data itself.

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>