[School-of-data] CORRECTED: Introducing myself, Linked Heritage and Indecs data models

Michael Hopwood michael at editeur.org
Mon May 21 10:56:13 UTC 2012

Hi there School of Data,

I'm leading a work package in the www.linkedheritage.eu<http://www.linkedheritage.eu> project, contributing and enhancing metadata towards www.europeana.eu<http://www.europeana.eu> - my part in it is adding specifications for ingesting commercial product metadata into heritage data collections a la:

http://europeana.eu/portal/search.html?query=the%20orchard&qf=TYPE:SOUND&qf=PROVIDER:DISMARC+-+EuropeanaConnect

or

http://europeana.eu/portal/search.html?query=libreka&qf=TYPE:TEXT&qf=PROVIDER:Libreka!

or

http://europeana.eu/portal/search.html?query=scran&qf=TYPE:IMAGE&qf=PROVIDER:Scran

etc... the idea is to allow discovery and enhanced data through contributing and enriching the metadata, in return for potential sales because the data will contain a link to a retail environment for each product described.

I'm happy to talk about uses for commercial product data for books/music/film&TV/photos and introduce some of the ideas used in this field, especially http://www.doi.org/topics/indecs/indecs_framework_2000.pdf and related data models.

They're commercial models, but actually most of the data structures are usable in non-commercial settings.

Cheers,

Michael Hopwood
Linked Heritage Project Lead
EDItEUR
United House, North  Road
London N7 9DP
UK

Tel: +44 20 7503 6418
Mob: +44 7811 591036
Skype: michael.hopwood.editeur
http://www.linkedheritage.org/
http://editeur.org/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the company.

EDItEUR Limited is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England no 2994705. Registered Office:
United House, North Road, London N7 9DP, United Kingdom