[School-of-data] Introducing myself & sharism lab

Alison Cole alison at p2pu.org
Wed May 23 16:21:02 UTC 2012

Love the idea of crowdsourcing translations of courses.

I work for P2PU and we're at the earliest stages of getting chinese
translations up on the site. We've made a little bit of headwa, but don't
have any chinese courses running yet.

Hoping we can get some courses on open data in chinese on P2PU soon!

Best,
ALISON

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Clément Renaud <clement.renaud at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am Clément Renaud from Sharism Lab. Very glad to see all people here
> eager to build a School of Data !
> Sharism Lab is an independent research center based between China and
> Europe, where we try to envision a new economy based on sharing.
> As knowledge and data are two main resources to build future society, we
> are now doing a lot of SNA and visualization from social networks.
> We already provide some open course on Gephi (in Chinese)
> http://www.udemy.com/gephi
> and we are working currently on the translation (into Chinese) of
> materials to teach data journalism:
> http://sharismlab.com/blog/2012/05/23/crowdsourcing-translation-of-data-journalism-course-into-chinese/
> Hope we can talk more very soon !
>
> Cheers