[School-of-data] introduction

Paul Hewson paul.hewson at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed May 23 17:14:33 UTC 2012

Hello,
I've a couple of angles: I'm interested in statistical reasoning/statistical literacy.   I'm currently (slowly) porting a course to P2PU from a Royal Statistical Society Centre for Statistical Education website as it seemed like a good place to house it (it's based on a half day workplace workshop, I also put the tutors hamdbook etc. on github).

But my other interest is entirely in data munging.   I've been working for 12 years on road injury, and have got a good handle on the data, but I've only ever done it through an R interface which doesn't make it very easy to share with a lot of others.

Best
Paul

Paul Hewson
Editor, Teaching Statistics (www.teachingstatistics.co.uk)