[School-of-data] Thank you!!

Jessy Kate Schingler jessy at jessykate.com
Thu May 24 17:07:26 UTC 2012

hey laura and all :)

seems like it was an amazing afternoon!

this might have been covered somewhere, but is there a general
timeline/order of operations being targeted? for example, i assume that the
initial focus is on developing course materials and then running a few
initial courses?

has it been discussed yet whether there will be specific coordinated
cohorts/sessions (eg. when several courses start at once)? or is the idea
that people can start and end them as they like? or, as with p2pu, both? is
there a target date for running the first course(s)?

finally, is the idea that, in general anyone should be able to assemble and
run a course? do we think there should be a community review process for
courses or more of an organic process where people "vote with their feet"
so to speak. at p2pu we have seen the arguments and benefits of both!
keeping things lightweight really helps make engagement easier and in
general might lead to more diversity of courses (because we're not
constraining course content or structure to what we THINK would work). but
having a review process helps keep the overall quality high and set
expectations.

jessy

Jessy
http://jessykate.com