[School-of-data] Any suggestions/links on how to visualize heavily cross-referenced documents

Tony.Hirst Tony.Hirst at open.ac.uk
Tue May 28 11:15:42 UTC 2013

Alex

IF you're just fishing for ideas, it may be worth looking through some of the services that are already out there or that have been hacked around citation services.

For example:

http://www.madhavajay.com/kalki/
http://well-formed.eigenfactor.org/
http://www.autodeskresearch.com/projects/citeology
http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/ase/

Roundups:
http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/10058/visualization-of-citation-data

There are also visualisations around other sorts of edge, for example 'people who bought also bought' edges in Amazon data:
http://www.yasiv.com/#/Search?q=data&category=Books&lang=US

tony

Tony Hirst
Personal blog: blog.ouseful.info