[School-of-data] Any suggestions/links on how to visualize heavily cross-referenced documents

Alexandre Rafalovitch arafalov at gmail.com
Fri May 24 15:28:50 UTC 2013

Hello,

I (will) have a large set of documents that are heavily
cross-referenced with citations. Assuming I can extract those
citations, I am trying to figure out the best way for a user to
navigate the documents using that.

I can do basic 'related documents' and basic visualization of
one-degree of separation. I also thought about maybe putting related
documents on an interactive timeline.

But I am also looking for further ideas or examples. Especially, for
ideas that support navigation and are not just pretty.

I would appreciate any links to books, presentations, live examples.

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)