[School-of-data] Tools for measuring impact

Vanessa Gennarelli vanessa at p2pu.org
Fri Oct 11 13:24:21 UTC 2013

Hey Lucy, something we are looking at doing at P2PU is tracking engagement
in the services we use--for our Music MOOC we'll be looking at posts,
shares, likes, listens and downloads on SoundCloud.

We're also looking at measuring impact by people using the tools we
make--so folks forking Mechanical MOOC, contributors to our open source
projects, etc.

In your signup forms, you might also ask how people heard about your
learning experiences--good way to figure out what's working and what isn't
:)

Hope this helps, Vanessa

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm looking for a couple of examples  "data tools to measure NGO impact
> and outreach" and thought I'd drop the list a message to see what the
> newest things people use here are.
>
> *Types of things I'm looking for are: *
>
> * Things to measure how people interact with your outreach? (E.g. who
> reads your newsletters?)
> * Spotting holes - who are you not targeting successfully?
> * Other ways to measure and improve your outreach…
>
> Obvious bias towards things that people can do for free - but commercial
> services also ok!
>
> Thanks in advance for any input you have!
>
> Lucy
>

> --
>
> **
>
> *Lucy Chambers*
>
> Project Coordinator  | skype: lucyfediachambers  |  tel: +44 7909 330731 |
>  @lucyfedia <http://twitter.com/lucyfedia>
>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>
>
> Empowering through Open Knowledge
>
> http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |