[School-of-data] Course editing on the new School of Data platform

Stian Håklev shaklev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:02:52 UTC 2014

Haskell is also supported, although it's a separate profile (ie. not inline
from a Python session). I also really enjoy reading other people's
notebooks, and the community seems to have a huge amount of momentum in
terms of adding features etc. (I saw someone create an nbdiff recently,
which would be very useful)... Having some kind of annotation feature might
be useful, for peer-review etc.

I'm looking forward to when it becomes common to include an IPython
notebook with an academic paper that boots into some kind of virtual
environment that is preconfigured with the libraries, and the actual data,
so that you can rerun all the graphs, but also very quickly begin exploring
the data yourself. Authorea had a really neat example of this here:
https://authorea.com/users/3/articles/3904/_show_article ... Whether this
becomes downloading a VM, or launching on a cloud. Sagemath also offers
IPython Notebooks and might be useful for teaching purposes - they actually
offer live collaborative editing of IPython notebooks, which is pretty
amazing.

Stian

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Ian Stokes-Rees <ijstokes at seas.harvard.edu

http://reganmian.net/blog -- Random Stuff that Matters