[School-of-data] Introduction -- Simon Cropper (Peter Murray-Rust)

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Thu Jul 17 08:16:49 UTC 2014

Hi Christy,

As you have expressed interest in this project I thought I would let you
know how it is going and how you may wish to be involved.

The Main GitHub repository is up and going. All I am waiting for is some
feedback from the UK about their data before I begin consolidating and
standardizing the datasets.

https://github.com/SimonChristopherCropper/Food_Data_Analysis

I have created a landing page for visitors that outline the project, the
data being used and eventually each project as they come on-line.
This is just a static webpage to centralize links not the main forum to
disseminate information -- each participant will be able to use their
own social media sites to do this.

http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/cdw/

I have also created a forum so people interested in contributing and
following particular projects and events, and discuss any issues.

http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/Community/

I hope to see you registering on the forum and forking the GitHub
repository soon!

Once you get on the forum, please introduce yourself and your interests
so if a project slips past you, I can poke you if you have expressed
interest in a particular topic.

Cheers Simon