[School-of-data] Recap of yesterdays Community Call

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Wed Mar 19 10:32:40 UTC 2014

Everyone,

tl;dr we had our first community call yesterday. notes here:
http://okfnpad.org/p/School-of-Data-Communitycall-2014-03-18 - we want
more!

Yesterday saw our first community call since a long period of time. We've
been quite busy having workshops, visiting events and getting things in
order. During that time we realized we have totally abandoned you and want
to hear your feedback more often. We'll start having regular community
calls to bring you and all the other people around the School of Data
together. So stay tuned for more community calls!

In the first one we discussed the fact that we've grown out of the
wordpress platform we've been using (that has collected a fair amount of
technical debt). With 5 different languages and a lot of amazing people
translating and creating content it just doesn't cut the deal anymore.

In the call we discussed key features and requirements - many of them are
in the User Stories
(http://wiki.okfn.org/Projects/School_of_Data/Website/User_Stories) for the
new platform. We want to create a community hub that fits your needs:
Whether you're just dropping by to learn things or you want to share your
knowledge. If you have a few minutes: Review the user stories and share
your thoughts.

We'll announce the call earlier next time and are looking forward to hear
your voice!

Thanks to everyone who showed up. If you couldn't make it: feel free to
edit the pad with the notes or ask questions on the list.

Michael

--
Data Diva | skype: mihi_tr | @mihi_tr
The Open Knowledge Foundation | School of Data