[School-of-data] Memories of Michael

Lucy Chambers lucy at fedia.net
Mon Sep 21 19:23:01 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Final message from me on this topic as we now have a plan for what to do
with your wonderful contributions.

Just to let you know that the online memorial, built by Michael’s
colleague Fin is now online and it’s great!

http://mihi.lo-res.org/

This is *the* central place where we will be curating memories and is
open to submissions from all. There are already a few in there and I
suspect a few waiting in the moderation queue.

What next?

Even if you have already shared a message on the Facebook wall or to me
or if you have yet to do so, I invite you to post it there in a place
that will be more visible to the vast array of people that he interacted
with far beyond the School of Data community.

Via the online site, there is also an opportunity to share a private
message with the friends and family, which will not be made public on
the site.

Those of you who have submitted high resolution photographs to me (or
still want to - you have nearly 3 hours!) these will go into a printed
photo book for the family. We felt it would be lovely to share some of
the wonderful things Michael did with this online, international
community in an incredibly offline form, for safe keeping and pondering.

Take care everyone,

Lucy