[CKAN-Security] Responsible disclosure: CKAN

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Feb 16 16:11:28 UTC 2017

Hi Cedric and others,

Many thanks for reaching out. Please see comments below regarding the
issues raised:

- Solr search server injection

We have identified this issue via another report to security at ckan.org
and a patch is already in place. Patch releases that include the fix
will go out next Wednesday 22nd February around 13:00 UTC

- User enumeration via application functions

This has been reported in the past and it was flagged as a low impact
vulnerability. I'd be happy to restrict access to site administrators
only though, I'll raise it on the next developer meeting.

- No responsible disclosure policy

We have the disclosure policy that security related issues should be
sent to security at ckan.org and this is announced in the README and
other places in other places, but it's true that we could advertise it
more prominently. We will address this.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, we'll keep you informed of progress on
all these issues.

Adrià