[CKAN-Security] Fwd: Re: Vulnerabilities reported on OpenBugBounty.org

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 06:41:40 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Cameron Dawe" <admin at spam404.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2017 4:18 am
Subject: Re: Vulnerabilities reported on OpenBugBounty.org
To: "Adrià Mercader" <amercadero at gmail.com>

Hey Adrià,

Thanks for reaching out so quickly. I would be delighted to share the
technical details with you.

I found a reflected cross-site scripting vulnerability on the following
file, api_info.html. Specifically, the `datastore_root_url` parameter.

For the example OBB report you provided I'll provide the PoC URL to give
you an idea of how this would be exploited (please test using Chrome or
Firefox) -
opendatani.gov.uk - https://www.opendatani.gov.uk/api/1/util/snippet/api_
info.html?resource_id=0195d6db-b1c8-4a2a-b451-36bc4eeb9361&datastore_root_
url=javascript:alert(/XSS/)//

To trigger, simply click on any of the hyperlinks beginning with
"javascript:alert" and it will invoke an alert box with the text "XSS".

I found this while participating in the following bug bounty program -
https://hackerone.com/tts. I thought I'd mention that as it's likely TTS
will reach out to you guys with vulnerability details also.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you soon Adrià.

Kindest Regards,

Cameron

Spam404.com