[the-datatank] Installed resources with the new version

Jan Vansteenlandt jan at okfn.be
Fri Jun 21 12:51:26 UTC 2013

Hej Quentin,

At the moment we work with a distributed composition of the datatank, as
you might have noticed if you took a look at our new repository. At the
moment you have to create your class like before and put it in the
vendor/tdt/core/source/tdt/core/model/packages/installed. You can ofcourse
write your classes somewhere else and symlink them. To actually publish the
installed resource, you'll have to publish it like you publish any other
type of resource, e.g. resource_type = installed, location= ...,
classname=MyInstalledResource.

 We know that this is far (talking lightyears here) from a good practice,
and we're thinking of a way to approach the installed resources
differently. Don't hesitate to ask us further questions, Quentin.

Best regards,

Jan