[the-datatank] User group meeting - feedback

Jan Vansteenlandt vansteenlandt.jan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:33:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Since our release the 5th of december we've been steadily working on
monthly releases with extra features, patches and enhancements. Since we
also had a big job to do for datadays.be we've been too busy to turn some
attention to our most valuable asset, namely you guys.

We've been thinking about setting up some user group meetings, but before
doing that we'd like to hear from you what you think a user group meeting
should have. We know that not everybody is interested in the technical
back-ground but more in the vision and future features, and vice-versa.
Therefore, through this mail(inglist) we'd like to hear from you what your
topics of interests are that you like to see being discussed in a user
group meeting. For example, create a meeting solely around vision and
future work, a meeting on DCAT integration, a meeting on technical
introduction, ...

Also, we have been lingering about some features that we alone can't
decide, would it therefore be ok if we send this out to the mailinglist,
with a github issue tracker attached? This way, we don't have to wait for
the result of a meeting to resolve certain issues, or features.

Let us know what you think, so we can tune our meetings and communication
better towards the future! We'd like to gather your feedback the next 2
weeks, after which we'll take a few days to take it all in, and after that
we'll get busy setting up the next steps!

--
Best regards,

Jan Vansteenlandt
OKFN Belgium