[Wg-economics-advisory] Fwd: question re your Open Economics Principles - and national security

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Tue Aug 20 14:25:15 UTC 2013

Dear Advisory Panel members,

We had an email from a legal officer at the Open Society Foundation which
suggested a discussion on when data and information can be withheld by
governments on national security grounds (please see below for her input).

This may be out of the scope that we want to cover with the Open Economics
Principles or we may want to include a footnote to "national security" to
reference the Principles on National Security and the Right to Information.
Let us know whether you have ideas or input.

Thank you!