[Wg-economics-advisory] Fwd: question re your Open Economics Principles - and national security

hbrunner at adb.org hbrunner at adb.org
Fri Aug 23 07:36:48 UTC 2013

Dear Velichka,

I would second this point by Mr. Reis. There will be good reasons to
invoke national security concerns, but there may also be illegitimate ones
as the recent revelations about NSA show. Not sure either there are
general principles which can be captured in open economics principles.

Regards

Hans-Peter

Hans-Peter Brunner
Senior Economist, Regional Economic Integration
Asian Development Bank
Tel  (632) 632 4159
Fax (632) 636 2337

Economics Principles - and national security
Sent by:        wg-economics-advisory-bounces at lists.okfn.org

Dear Velichka,
Briefly, national security concerns are  always one sided  and anathema to
open knowledge.
Regards.

Eustáquio Reis
IPEA
Av. Antonio Carlos 51 sala 1703
Rio de Janeiro RJ 20.020-010
Tel: (21) 35 15 86 80
Fax:(21) 35 15 86 15
www.nemesis.org.br
www.memoria.org.br
www.archive.org/details/memoriaestatisticadobrasil

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Shane Greenstein <