[Wg-economics-advisory] Survey about an economics data journal

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Wed Dec 4 00:39:12 UTC 2013

Dear all,

following the discussions with the Advisory Panel earlier this year, we
decided that we need to conduct further research about the need to aid
particular sharing practices. In particular, the idea about a data journal
was discussed and we were advised to conduct further research and establish
whether there would be indeed demand for such an initiative.

Together with our Panton fellow Samuel Moore we created some draft
questions about a potential survey we could share with a larger group of
economists. Please find here a link to this Google document which can be
edited and commented on:

https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1Y8ONhIJPZB5KJr3hmFh1Wn35tuOePthFockoUdg-6-A/edit#

Your feedback on this draft survey would be greatly appreciated. Of course,
respondents would be expected to self-select in answering the survey, yet
it would be good to have some general feedback.

Thank you all for your support,

Velichka Dimitrova