[Wg-economics-advisory] Survey about an economics data journal

hbrunner at adb.org hbrunner at adb.org
Thu Dec 5 06:42:00 UTC 2013

Dear Velichka,

appreciate your pursuit of this very worthwhile initiative in support of
an economics data journal.

>From what I can see, your survey is well thought out. You may want to
consider an additional question: (Why) would you encourage colleagues /
graduate and Ph.D. students to submit a paper and data to such an
economics data journal? In question 6, you may add:  ... if you would be
interested in joining the journal's editorial board / authoring....

I will get in touch with you (and Mark) about an ADB event of your
interest.

Enjoy year end holidays.

Best wishes

Hans-Peter

Hans-Peter Brunner
Senior Economist, Regional Economic Integration
Asian Development Bank
Tel  (632) 632 4159
Fax (632) 636 2337

From:   Velichka Dimitrova <velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org>
To:     "wg-economics-advisory at lists.okfn.org"
<wg-economics-advisory at lists.okfn.org>,
Date:   04/12/2013 08:39 AM
Subject:        [Wg-economics-advisory] Survey about an economics data
journal
Sent by:        "wg-economics-advisory"
<wg-economics-advisory-bounces at lists.okfn.org>

Dear all,

following the discussions with the Advisory Panel earlier this year, we
decided that we need to conduct further research about the need to aid
particular sharing practices. In particular, the idea about a data journal
was discussed and we were advised to conduct further research and
establish whether there would be indeed demand for such an initiative.

Together with our Panton fellow Samuel Moore we created some draft
questions about a potential survey we could share with a larger group of
economists. Please find here a link to this Google document which can be
edited and commented on:

https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1Y8ONhIJPZB5KJr3hmFh1Wn35tuOePthFockoUdg-6-A/edit#

Your feedback on this draft survey would be greatly appreciated. Of
course, respondents would be expected to self-select in answering the
survey, yet it would be good to have some general feedback.

Thank you all for your support,

wg-economics-advisory mailing list
wg-economics-advisory at lists.okfn.org