[Wg-economics-advisory] AEA annual meeting - Research Transparency: Pre-Analysis Plans and Other Approaches for Economics

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Mon Dec 23 10:56:32 UTC 2013

Dear all,

On December 12-13, the Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social
Sciences held its annual meeting -  http://bitss.org/annual-meeting/2013-2/ -
there were a lot of common themes with our group (that we have addressed in
our two international workshops) including data availability, providing
tools and incentives for researchers to share data, replication and
pre-registration and requirements from funders.

Please find below the details of a session at the forthcoming AEA annual
meeting in Philadelphia, presided by Ted Miguel from UC Berkeley. The BITSS
team would like to extend the invitation to the Open Economics Advisory
Panel to attend this session in January. Let me know if you need more
details.

Wishing you all happy holidays!

Jan 05, 2014 8:00 am, Pennsylvania Convention Center, 204-B
American Economic Association
*Research Transparency: Pre-Analysis Plans and Other Approaches for
Economics* (C9)
*Presiding*: EDWARD MIGUEL (University of California-Berkeley)
Promoting Transparency in Economics Research
EDWARD MIGUEL (University of California-Berkeley)
Analysis Plans in Economics
BENJAMIN OLKEN (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Reshaping Institutions: Evidence on Aid Impacts Using a Preanalysis Plan
KATHERINE CASEY (Stanford University)
RACHEL GLENNERSTER (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
EDWARD MIGUEL (University of California-Berkeley)
The Use of Analysis Plans in the Oregon Health Insurance Experiment
KATHERINE BAICKER (Harvard University)
AMY N. FINKELSTEIN (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
SARAH L. TAUBMAN (NBER)
*Discussants:*
APRAJIT MAHAJAN (University of California-Los Angeles)
RACHEL GLENNERSTER (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
CHRISTOPHER BLATTMAN (Columbia University)
BRYAN GRAHAM (University of California-Berkeley)