[wsfii-discuss] Proposed WSFII streams

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Aug 3 11:01:39 UTC 2005

Hi all,

At meeting with Saul on 14th of July the following structure was
proposed for WSFII (weekend part, /not/ the sprint). This was reflected
in wiki but not posted to this list so I am doing that now. I also
include some questions that need to be resolved.

Regards,

Rufus

Streams:
========
   * Decided we only needed 4 streams as doing 2 sessions a day
(1000-1230, 1430-1700)
   * Civic Information
     * RP TODO IMMEDIATELY
   * Hardware
     * RP TODO IMMEDIATELY
   * Wifi
     * SA. Being done
   * Geodata
     * JW + SA. Being done
   * F/OSS
     * Cancel/Merge into Open Hardware
   * Open Business
     * Cancel
   * Free Culture:
     * Not appropriate for this event

Questions:
==========

   * Though maybe not as in keeping with the general theme of the event
I think there would be a lot of interest in a Free Culture stream and it
has been proposed that the first UK meeting of the UK FreeCulture group
(http://www.freeculture.org.uk) take place at WSFII.

   * Open Money stream: this is not included in above but there seems to
be quite a bit of interest in this both for sprint and for a panel. Who
is dealing with this?

   * Is there any plan to have parallel 'lightning' talks of similar in
parallel with main panels? This might be a useful place for people to
talk about a personal project (panels are supposed to be quite general)