[wsfii-discuss] proposed structure and timings for WSFII

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Sat Aug 6 12:36:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:18:50PM -0700, Jo Walsh wrote:
> lo saul, glad to hear that you are not hallucinating,
> how about, we put a projector and a soapbox in a social area - in the
> entryway downstairs, or better at the top of the stairs between the
> entrances to the hall - which people can grab as they feel like,
> without obligation to schedule, or restriction of audience to the few
> people gathered around the laptop? a kind of internal speakers'
> corner

Brilliant :). I think an ongoing 'corridor track' is a wonderful idea.
Limehouse has a few top-notch corridor areas. We could maybe do something
with an lcd screen in the shade and have a 'smokers corner' presentation
space too.

> > I have one extra proposal to make - we have the famous 'slackers lounge'
> > in the 'map room'.
>
> this sounds great. the slackers' lounge is always nonsmoking though...
> will we have a separate smoking area, or be obliged to huddle on the
> steps?

Maybe we can make a nice one in the little garden under the fire-escape
round the back. I'm not sure if we'll have to make the whole space
non-smoking for the event. I'll find out.

Cheers,

Saul.