[wsfii-discuss] a nominal registration 'nuisance fee'/local currency investment for WSFII?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sat Aug 20 18:56:10 UTC 2005

This is from #wirelesslondon on irc.oftc.net where Saul and i get
talking about WSFII from time to time. Perhaps we could start a #wsfii
channel there?

What do list members think of levying a token registration fee, in the
order of ten pounds, which can be 'sold' for local currency that we
hope to persuade local shops to accept, and also act as proof of faith
for registrees...

12:53 < saul> zool: what do you think about charging for entry?
12:53 < zool> i think a ten quid nuisance fee would be fine
12:53 < zool> perhaps we should rais it on the discuss list?
12:53 < saul> cool
12:53 < saul> I think it's worth raising on list, for sure
12:55 < saul> maybe just have a 'noone will be excluded for cost
reasons' concession
12:55 < saul> so you can pay what you can if you can't make the £10
12:55 < zool> nod
13:01 < saul> mary also suggested an event currency
13:01 < saul> as a pump primer for the lime
13:02 < saul> this could work as your entry ticket, and feed you in
local shops (or you might have to convert more)
13:03 < saul> then we could do a deal with local shops - we convert
from £ to limes, then they get re-imbursed for 80% of the cost of
food bought
13:03 < zool> yeah
13:03 < saul> another way to generate income for wsfii 2006 + costs

-jo