[wsfii-discuss] WSFII registration system open

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Aug 21 19:18:27 UTC 2005

Jo Walsh wrote:
> I made a simple registration script for WSFII, so attendees don't have
> to edit a wiki page to register. At Saul's suggestion it also triggers
> a subscription request to a wsfii-announce list.
>
> http://www.wsfii.org/register.php

Brilliant. Great work Jo. One last addition is to put up details of cost
(i.e. £10 payable 'at the door') now that that is agreed. (Oh and do we
want the full list of current registered -- it is already quite long and
will get longer).

> It has all the personal details from
> http://okfn.org/wsfii/wiki/WsfiiRegistration but these names aren't
> autosubscribed to the announce list.

Is anyone taking care of that + subscription of everyone from this list?

> I added a couple of wiki pages to help arbitrate the sofa network -
> http://okfn.org/wsfii/wiki/NeedSofaSpace and
> http://okfn.org/wsfii/wiki/OfferSofaSpace
>
> If you'll need somewhere to stay, or can offer accomodation any time
> between the 26th Sept / 3rd Oct, please add yourself to the
> appropriate list. The judgement call is that working on more
> sophisticated software solutions to a small network problem e.g. a < 50
> person sofa network in a fairly close circle doesn't justfiy the overhead.

Agreed and wiki should be more than sufficient .... BTW does this want
to be somewhere prominent on the registration page?

~rufus