[wsfii-discuss] wsfii announcement mail: draft

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Aug 23 08:33:51 UTC 2005

Dear All,

Find below a wsfii announcement mail i plan to start sending round.
Comments are welcome. Once finalized I'll be posting this up on the wiki at:

   http://www.okfn.org/wsfii/wiki/WsfiiProvisionalInvite

and sending to mailing lists.

Regards,

Rufus

WSFII Announcement
******************

~ For Redistribution Far and Wide ~

On the first weekend of October (1st and 2nd) the World Summit on Free
Information Infrastructures (http://www.wsfii.org/) is taking place in
London. This event will bring together individuals and groups from
across the world working on projects such as free wireless networking,
free of copyright mapping and open hardware. It is also part of a larger
season of events based around alternative approaches to knowledge
production and access and timed to coincide with the UK's hosting of a
pan-European Creative Economy conference.

The event is open to all but we encourage you to register because space
is limited. A small entrance fee of £10 is planned to help pay for costs
but concessions are available. Registration is at:

   http://www.wsfii.org/register.php

Confirmed streams
=================

   1. Open Geodata
   2. Wifi/Networks
   3. Open Money/LETS
   4. Civic Information
   5. Open Hardware

General Info

What: World Summit on Free Information Infrastructures (WSFII)
Registration: http://www.wsfii.org/register.php
When: Saturday and Sunday, October 1-2 2005 (2005-10-01 -> 2005-10-02)
Where: Limehouse Town Hall, 646 Commercial Road, London, E14 7HA
Map: http://tinyurl.com/7m5qw