[wsfii-discuss] wsfii announcement mail: draft

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Aug 23 11:52:17 UTC 2005

dear Rufus,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:33:51AM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Comments are welcome.

> On the first weekend of October (1st and 2nd) the World Summit on Free
> Information Infrastructures (http://www.wsfii.org/) is taking place in
> London. This event will bring together individuals and groups from
> across the world working on projects such as free wireless networking,
> free of copyright mapping and open hardware. It is also part of a larger
> season of events based around alternative approaches to knowledge
> production and access and timed to coincide with the UK's hosting of a
> pan-European Creative Economy conference.

This is good information, but will it get eyes popping? I would
like to see something additional, rather more in the line of rank
propaganda - "the social and economic implications of open access, of
localised and independent network and media provision,
intellectual climate that is flourishing, potential for breakthrough
solutions, handwave" sort of thing. An uplift in tone, while not
over-egging it, still emphasising *activity* and *production*.

-jo