[wsfii-discuss] Take back the conversation

hugh barnard hughbarnardlists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 16:55:50 UTC 2005

Re-hi folks

Agree with Jo, the announcement (my opinion, only)
should be a little hyped, in a benevolent kind of
way..I've headed this message 'take back the
conversation' because I believe that's a direct
benefit of more broadly 'owned' infrastuctures, people
get to communicate directly with each other etc. and
TV, paid media commentators etc. are somewhat
disintermediated, media ownership concentration is
diluted etc.

Whatever..as they say..I think the thing is to
describe and sell the concrete benefits rather than
(the more prosaic..) process...why is it good to do
this (apart from the fact that it's fun, a good
reason)?

Best regards Hugh