[wsfii-discuss] Badges, program, talk lengths, show and tell

hugh barnard hughbarnardlists at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 11:18:49 UTC 2005

Hi folks

I know this will be an unpopular suggestion (because
it seems corporate) but it would be very useful to
have badges. They needn't be obligatory and they
enable people to bookmark and connect. At an open
source thing last year, we regretted not having them.

Agree fully with Jo, needs clear program, this is my
main driver for going to anything (new), I guess
that's true for many people.

For talk lengths, I think 20 minutes is good, things
always run behind, there needs to be some traditional
fiddling at start and traditional rambling questions
etc..15 mins is therefore very short.

Also, if practical, it's great if demos are physically
near the talks, so there's a connection between the
talk and people gathered round a demo after/before

That's enough, it's lunchtime too..best regards Hugh