[wsfii-discuss] a clear public outline for the 1-2 weekend

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sat Aug 27 16:20:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 02:22:36PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> >http://okfn.org/wsfii/wiki/WsfiiWeekend

> Yes and for example i think civic info and geodata should be on the same
> day while Wireless + Hardware should be on the same day for that reason.

Restructured the outline based on your suggestions and a brief IRC
catchup with Saul. It includes more detail about presenters which i
*meant* to include in the first version i posted here :/ those who
are unconfirmed (or even in some cases unasked) are marked TBC.

I moved the FreeCulture session away and stuck a tentative
PublicParticipationMedia / open broadcasting one in there.
FreeCulture might want a long post-5pm BOF-style session after that?

My main concerns right now -
 * the Indian contingent is very under-represented (mostly because i
   have no clear sense of who's who, and Wsfii.2006 planning is
   happening during the pre-week
 * the first session probably needs a 'WSFII vision' first speaker

Shekhar offered to give the first point some attention on Monday.
I'd like to be able to send out wide-broadcast public invitations by
Tuesday morning.

> >- No arbitrary 'geek'/'non-geek' divisions that encourage people
>
> We can do our best but selection is human nature ;)

It *does* look more aesthetically pleasing this way.
Human nature also allows obvious patterns to obscure deeper ones...

-jo