[wsfii-discuss] FW: FW: washington

Julian Priest julian at informal.org.uk
Tue Jul 19 10:02:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 05:39:16PM +0200, Juergen Neumann wrote:

> got no answer from anyone to my last mail concerning sleeping possibilities.
> Hope everything is going ok and that you are all fine! Laura from NYC is very
> much engaged in helping us making our meeting beeing visited.

Hi Juergen,

just to let you know that all is not quiet on the east london front,
Saul and I are this week chasing funding deadlines to resource various
bits of the event.

I don't know many of the pratical details of accomodation myself, but
Saul mentioned a space nearby LTH at St. Lukes church for indoor
camping style accomodation, as well as a sofa finder service for
connecting London based people with spare accomodation with visitors -
I'm not sure of the status of these.

We also need to find some more formal hotel/hostel options for those
staying longer term - some are staying for wsfii and the 2 events the
following week - cybersalon at the Science Museum (4th Oct) and Open
Congress at the Tate Modern (7th 8th Oct)

cheers

~/julian