[wsfii-discuss] Re: Need updated blurb about the event

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Wed Jul 27 09:04:37 UTC 2005

hi all,

sorry - should have explained ...

I think it was Julian + Thomas + Sebastian who are sorting out the
book-sprint.

This idea, which I really like, comes from their specific need to have a
wireless for development primer for their wireless roadshow workshops..

>From the 26th - 30th September, the first bit of WSFII will be fun, and
quite free-form. There's no speeches or agendas, it's a kind of
pre-summit work camp.

The suggestion was made... maybe also by Julian.. maybe by Lewis Sykes
from cybersalon, to concentrate that week on producing accessible
materials for teaching people - not necessarily 'super-users', how to
build their own Free Information Infrastructures: your own public geodata
solution, your own free mesh network, how to leverage your democratically
elected govornment to do stuff using open civic information tools /
resources.

I helped to put together a little proposal to Arts Council England to do
a publication - which could print these guides as a little book - and pay
for their distribution / design etc..

So, I'll post more about that later, but this is just seeding the idea
with a bit more info.

Any thoughts as to what kinds of materials might be useful for other free
information infrastructure streams?

S.