[wsfii-discuss] [Fwd: from Gustavo Navarro Argentina]

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Wed Jun 8 08:49:51 UTC 2005

hi rufus,

sorry, I've been totally snowed under - working on wsfii, but in a
quietly distributed way.. it's time for an update soon.

Anyway - I think we're going to have to be really stingy with grants for
travel. this is a prepcon - and we don't have any funding for travel
grants *yet*. I'm going to try and find some, and I'm sure others will
too, but we can't really commit to doing this.

I think the best way to deal with this is to come up with a simple format
and ask groups in their localities to organise a wsfii prepcon - and get
ready for wsfii 2006, which is going to be funded and organised in a less
ad-hoc way.

The truth is, we need a year or two to put together a global-scale event,
and london isn't the best place to do that because of the costs involved.
We can do something excellent and public and fun for October, but it
ain't going global with the kind of money we're talking about.. unless
someone has a plan for this?

Cheers,

Saul.

-- http://chinabone.lth.bclub.org.uk/~saul/