[wsfii-discuss] Are we ready to announce anything?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Mar 14 15:09:25 UTC 2005

hello juergen,
On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:49:08PM +0100, Juergen Neumann wrote:
> a) Is this list now the right place for preparing WSFII prepconf London 2005
> (LonBer)?

Yes, i would say so. It is for general discussion and input into
planning and for creating things. There is a separate 'coord' list
which is intended for admin material and people heavily involved in
running things, which no-one is really on yet.

> b) Can we make an announcement now/soon? What kind of infos are still missing
> for at least saying that something is going to happen in London this year and
> when?

Perhaps there's been a bit of uncertainty about the venue; but we are
in a a position to say "definitely limehouse town hall". It is a good
sized space, could hold three conference 'tracks'. I have enjoyed
saul's suggestions of bringing differemt @open@ areas to the edge of
free networks, ands how that might expand and complicate things but
ultimately be very rewarding / interesting.

If there are particular 'special guest' status people then it would be
ideal to at least sound them out before an announce. If there are
people who not having been involved in planning before seeing an
announce might feel offended, we should contact them... ( i dont
really know, not having been around for previous euro freenetworks
gatherings...)

-jo