[wsfii-discuss] "The Ownership Conference": Saturday 19th November 2005

Mary Fee letslinklondon at freezone.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 10:27:13 UTC 2005

Here's another event which will be of interest.
Please forgive any cross-posting:
I think there might be scope for some specific
input on The Creative Commons workshop.
We request you register as soon as possible to
help us with catering:  lunch is provided:
"From Ownership into Stewardship"
"Private Property may not actually be theft
- but it has some pretty nasty habits!"
How our ideas about ownership need to change -
And what we are going to do about it.

London School of Economics
Saturday 19th November 2005
10.30am Coffee & Registration 5pm finish: £15/£5 incl lunch
Just another conference? Another talking shop?
The conference aims to have some concrete results.  We have to address
the problems at several different points.  Firstly we have to stand up and say
"there is an alternative"  Secondly, we need to give people a language
in which to voice their concerns.  Thirdly, we need ideas that are well founded
enough so that we can get them into the debate . . . . and much more  . . .

The contributions will include:
Rosamund Stock: The ownership tool
Prem Sikka: Taming the Corporations
John Christensen: Tax Justice network
Dan Plesch: Corporate Social (Ir)Responsibility
Ian Brown: We need to learn from the neo-liberals
James Page, Green Economics
Mark Hayes,: Shared Interest
Nicky Stevenson: Social Enterprise
Chris Cook: Partnerships and The Creative Commons
Jock Coates: Community Land Trusts
Albert Rowland: Economic democracy and participation
Brian Ragbourne & Fred Day: Challenging the status quo

Further details are on  http://www.ownership.org.uk
The Conference Pack is now in preparation - a draft
version is downloadable from the website details page.
To register you can key in your details on the registration page,
but please do so as soon as possible for catering purposes.
If you wish to discuss content further contributions etc, contact
the organiser:
Rosamund Stock 0845-458-0610 or R.E.Stock at lse.ac.uk