[wsfii-discuss] Audio streams and other doc..

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Oct 4 10:18:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:50:28AM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> >at http://nodel.org/wsfii/

> Great work Jo.
oh, i didn't do anything except send a URL to a mailing list :) for
this i think we have to thank Antonio who dedicated his weekend to
sitting behind an audio console, and Marina and the ELAM crew...
and maybe other people who did the recordings and got them online so
fast, who i dont know...

> We should also add a pointer there from the main site and
> perhaps have a dedicated wiki page where people can add urls to their
> presentations, photos etc.

well, i wanted to get some *really structured data* about the media as
we already have a nice model of who spoke when and where to base it
from. But i am having some niggles with generating http compliant but
human readable URIs and the nodel web application currently explodes
with error if you ask it about things it doesn't know about.

http://map.nodel.org/session/Open%20Maps:%20Building,%20Annotating,%20Accessing

is an example of the sort of thing i mean, where an audio file is
attached to the session and to all the people who recognisably spoke
on the file.

i am aware this may seem like more technostructural modelling overkill
but it is actually quite easy to do it this way because a lot of
people are already in the model because they were on a speaker list...

http://flickr.com/photos/tags/wsfii

i see several people have been flickring wsfii photos, that is really
nice, i'll collect that feed into the model, it will give me an excuse
to do a little debugging, then they can be attached to things and
people too if anyone wants. anyone is welcome to attempt to subscribe
to that map and add / edit things but the app has been through the
wringer a little recently doing different classes of thing and needs
re-stabilising... ;0

-jo