[wsfii-discuss] Edited Ronja audio stream

Harm Luebben h at 43chrome.de
Wed Oct 5 00:24:21 UTC 2005

Karel Kulhavy wrote:

>I have cropped the Ronja talk, cut off the ubiquitous spaces, errr...'s,

my shouts out to Antonio who spent the days behind the recording box,
controlling volume etc.: hooray!

..and my recommendation to following summits: pals, you have to learn
how to use a microphone!
by using a cardoid mic you have to speak _into_ it: watch your favourite
band, they're singing _towards_ the opposite end of which this cable is
going off/on.
otherwise you're speaking in a direction the micropohne does not listen
to, the guy at the mixer therefore has to increase the input gain which
results in echoy, noisy sound.

summary: the sound on the recordings may be bad. do not blame the
recording staff. the fact that people might program in ruby, disassemble
weird things, start revolutions with a soldering iron, etc. does not
mean they can stat the physics of this membrane <-> electricity thingy.

just for the records
--hl

--
Fuck art, let's rock