[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 00:24:27 UTC 2005

On 04/10/05, Paula <pmg at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> Ooops, god knows how that happened, it was actually addressed to someone
> offlist!
>
> Paula wrote:
>
> >You'll prolly think this is bonkers, but you might be interested anyway!

Well, seeing as it did appear on the list I'm interested to know what
appears to be bonkers about CC/LETS/whatever.  It's certainly
unconventional and never discussed in the mainstream media but there's
a lot of history behind this and a body of literature on the topic.
One of the main proponents of CC is Dr Bernard Lietaer who a former
leading banker who created the ECU which was the forerunner to the
Euro.

Considering the pervasiveness of money in our culture, it is useful to
examine the utility of the existing money systems we have and see
whether they are part of the problem or part of the solution.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"Isn't a state that keeps files on innocent persons a police state?"
-- David Mery - Innocent In London http://gizmonaut.net/bits/suspect.html
 Radio Interview with David Mery
http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/09/6963.php