[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Harm Luebben h at 43chrome.de
Wed Oct 5 01:28:54 UTC 2005

Mamading Ceesay wrote:

>Considering the pervasiveness of money in our culture, it is useful to
>examine the utility of the existing money systems we have and see
>whether they are part of the problem or part of the solution.

Oh, what are "the existing money systems"?
The (inherently) political aspects of 'free' infrastructures
(accidently?) come clearer now.
A money sytem defined by a currency, may it be the Lime, Pound, Euro,
etc. should not make a difference.
Adding an interest rate to a worth described in 'money' (which never
runs out of style, has no costs for storage, etc.) should result in a
exponential growth of where the money is, and a loss where it is not.

I prefer Lime/coins/currency when paying for service, instead of
carrying a pig or cigars around to trade.
But currency should be attributed to its origin: an exchangable, open
standard of 'worth' - with interest rates going to zero when no
additional money is needed.

--hl

--
Fuck art, let's rock