[wsfii-discuss] My photos from WSFII/London

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Wed Oct 5 11:07:57 UTC 2005

hi all,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 12:26:28PM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> http://images.twibright.com/tns/1c13.html

lovely! as were the flickr photos! I'm looking forward to getting all the
documentation together that I can and starting to make a really good
archive of all of it.

I'm currently chopping the audio from the panels into person-by-person
files, cleaning them up a bit and re-assembling them as ogg files.

Sorry for the audio quality, that was my fault as I couldn't get mic
stands - which tend to help direct the microphone down people's throats.

Thanks anyway harm for the tips!

I'm still really overwhelmed by the weekend and how lovely you all were
to work with - I have a feeling it's the start of something really
interesting and difficult - but I don't really know what to do yet apart
form assemble as much material from it as possible.

so, could you all send urls with your photos, audio, video etc.. to this
list, and if you know someone who has some dv tapes of minidisks or some
other non-internet-transmissible medium, please put them in touch with me
- I'm helping ELAM to assemble an awesome archive of everthing and put it
  all online speedily.

Also - we decided the best format would be:

Photo of speaker (x2)
Audio recording (mp3/ogg)
Speaker's slides (whatever format)

So, speakers, if you havnen't done it yet (thanks clock! hugh!) please
send us your slides! links sent to this list are a good way to do that.

I feel like someone needs to send out an email to this and to the
announce list - somehow thanking / following up some of the stuff htat
happend on the weekend, but I  really don't know where to start.

Julian mentioned the idea of sending a bunch of questions to the list -
and asking one person to answer each question as the start of new threads
that might inform what happens next year.

Julian? What's your plan?

Cheers!

Saul.