[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Charles "core" Stevenson corezion at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:31:57 UTC 2005

Jo,

On 10/5/05, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
> Perhaps i am misguided. i think, "how will we know unless we try to
> build it," and i recall the end of Chris's geospatial web presentation,
> "We're only going to only get there together, we need to build this,
> we need to free the spatial data infrastructures from the powers that be,
> tailor them to our uses and build something better than they could
> even possibly imagine." My blind optimism about a system that somehow
> wants to be built. But you are reserved about the coercive nature of
> systems and the ease with which they can be - metaprogrammed? and i do
> not have an answer to that, only that i would like to help put
> programming tools into the hands of more people.

I think you are right on the mark. :-)  This is a powerful vision for
the future which empowers every individual and all higher social
abstractions to create new and more healthy systems.  The less rigidly
regulated--the more quickly the collective users can metaprogram the
entire system.  The quicker we can reprogram/adapt the sooner we'll
reach a system worth crystallizing.

peace,
core