[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Josef Davies-Coates josef at uniteddiversity.com
Thu Oct 6 18:11:49 UTC 2005

Paula,

I am my collegues at uniteddiversity have studied economics (we're
London School of Economics graduates)

To be honest though, economists are the last people you want to ask
about such issues since most of them don't understand the issues at all,
thinking that money is essentially neutral.

As stuff like The Ecology of Money makes clear (written by Richard
Douthwaite who was himself previously a senior gov't economist) how, why
and by whom money is created makes a massive difference.

See http://www.feasta.org/documents/moneyecology/intro.htm

Josef.