[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Paula pmgazz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 13:06:57 UTC 2005

Yep, agreed - only passed it on cos I could vaguely see a useful role
for it in slowly developing economies such as parts of Africa where
informal microbusinesses are pretty much the only growth sector but
which banks won't touch with a bargepole. There are some foreign
government schemes to provide micro-loans and business advice but a
system of exchange which could be funded by direct donation would
potentially be
really useful and ensure that donations benefit local communities rather
than foreign aid workers?

Then again, I'm *not* an economist and am probably talking through my
hat? As my friend is probably about to tell me ;-)

Paula