[wsfii-discuss] Wikipedia: User Controlled Technology

Karel Kulhavy clock at twibright.com
Sun Oct 16 14:56:48 UTC 2005

Wikipedia is a user controlled technology of encyclopedia.
Friend of mine is going to high school in Zurich and he says that they
are getting homeworks from Wikipedia in lectures of German.

On development of Ronja I have extensively used Wikipedia and formerly
WWW with it's search engines for looking up information about how
electronics works because I didn't originally even know how a transistor
works.

This shows one important aspect of UCT - it allows you to stand on
shoulders of giants (like in science) for free.

CL<