[wsfii-discuss] Whole Infrastructure Catalogue

Gregers Petersen gregers at momu.dk
Sun Oct 16 16:34:23 UTC 2005

>Hi
>
>Those are good subjects and I'd go somewhat further:
>
>1. A lot of the barriers are 'documentation, democratisation and integration'
>
>2. I often find it tough getting things to work, because the doc is
>spread about and often quite challenging. And, I have a certain
>amount of technical knowledge, so imagine the problem for the 'rest
>of the world'.
>
>3. For democratisation (probably not a word, but), I'd like to see
>and collaborate on 'franchise manuals', how to set up and operate x.
>I'm not going to mention McDonalds, but one can learn from them, in
>this respect.
>There are commercially based print on demand publishers now that
>_may_ make a viable small run alternative/medium to O'Reilly!
>
>4. It's even tougher to make 'architectural' schemes for things to
>work together (especially giving a process and economic model as
>well). It's also arguable that these schemes shouldn't be
>'architectural' (because that's probably too controlling) but more
>'pharmacological' (what will work with what, without too much pain).

#short comment to this :-)

Maybe it would be an idea to ask who would be interested in
participating/cooperating in such a project - I myself think it is a
very important part of the combined project of FII, and I would be
very interested.
So, perhaps I'll just ask: Who's interested - then, let's try and get
together, make up a plan ang go ahead with it ?

--

Gregers Petersen
Anthropologist & Exam.Scient

Blekingevej 3