[wsfii-discuss] flyer text and design for wsfii

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:21:13 UTC 2005

On 06/09/05, Saul Albert <saul at twenteenthcentury.com> wrote:

>    This event brings together pragmatists and practices from the front
>    lines of information politics to present and find connections between
>    areas such as Free Networks, Open Hardware, Free Media and Culture,
>    Open Maps/Geodata, Open Civic Information and Community Currencies.
>    There will also be how-to demonstrations for those eager to start
>    building and owning their own means of communication.
>
> Do people like this? We could use it on the website maybe...

It's cool but could still be jazzed up a bit e.g.:

This event brings together leading pragmatists and innovative practices...

> oh, please have a look at the drafts of the flyer too...
>
> http://dav.nodel.org/october/design/final%20flyer/
>
> feedback asap please - we're going to print soon!

Conveys the most pertinent info, the what, the where and the when.
Also the where to find more info.  Doesn't say anything about who
would be interested and why.

BTW, NTK is monthly these days and the current issue came out last
Friday.  Perhaps, it might be possible to persuade the NTK crew to run
a mid-month WSFII special edition in order to get the word out.

--
Mamading Ceesay

Post-Katrina Recommended Reading
http://tinyurl.com/c2bej