[wsfii-discuss] meta sessions on Sat and Sun

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Fri Sep 16 10:23:06 UTC 2005

Hi Rufus,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 07:21:40PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> This would be nice but I think a bit tight: realistically sessions will
> overrun :) which means the final session scheduled for 1700 will
> probably go on until ~1715. Add to that a bit of toing and froing and
> you are into the next item at 1730. Thus I think it would be better to
> focus this into the dedicated session on sunday or just letting this
> happen organically on the day.

I think there could well be an argument for a 'meta' stream - at least to
try and flesh out what we might mean by 'Free Informatoin
Infrastructures'.

Jo's suggestion early on - which I think has happened, is that the people
who are coming to present are all somehow 'edge' presenters - who are
engaged in one or more Free Information Infrastructures.. and who reveal
what that is by showing how they interlock.

Armin also made the good suggestion that a Meta panel would really focus
things.. and we do seem to have some great offers of what could be 'meta'
presentations:

- Arun: WSFII 2006
- Gavin Hill: http://FFII.org
- Armin Medosch
- Dr Nagarjuna http://gnowledge.org
- Alexei Blinov hivenetworks.net
- Tav form espnow.com

Could we put this on from 17:30 - 1900 - as the WSFII congress on Sunday?
Obviously, we'll have to check with each participant.. to make sure
the're available.. but it does make sense to do something that rounds
things up somehow doesn't it?

Anyone else got an opinion on this?

Cheers,

Saul.