[wsfii-discuss] Re: call for organising volunteers: interfaces to wireless location portals

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sat Sep 17 12:58:07 UTC 2005

hi mike, list,
On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:40:26PM -0400, Michael Lenczner wrote:
> I was looking through the new documentation.  Nicely done.
> http://wirelesslondon.info/NodelSoftArchitecture

Also i made a trendy framework, which is talked about here:
http://map.wirelesslondon.info/docs/nodel.html
which is being used to make a description system for the Oktoberfest,
and also offer access to it through the location portal.
The first application built with it is still work-in-progress; the
next one is a quick rewrite of the nodedb/map/portal server.

> So,is there something I could be doing to help organize this some
> more?  Who decides the day/time?  Will someone from wireless london be
> there to explain what you guys are up to?

I will be there with bells on, as will Saul be, to the utmost of capacity.

> We're looking at paying someone to work with us on UI because we seem
> to be getting no where with it through volunteer efforts.

We are getting a Free Map System in an agreement with the people at
http://crit.org.in which gives us perhaps 2 months of time from
http://flipdesign.in/ to help with UI design and construction, for
both the map service and the location portal interface.
I want to publically develop a spec/schematic for them, wiki-style
whenever the system is set up (next week, maybe?) that i hope Wsfii
deliberations can meaningfully feed into.

-jo